maandag 30 september 2013

Professor Matinlinna's 5 year anniversary in Hong Kong

Dear readers/ followers,
Here's another small update of what we did the past few days. Enjoy!

Hiking on a sunday morning in So Kwun Wat village
So on saturday my aunt asked us if we were interested in hiking in So Kwun Wat on sunday, the village where we are currently staying at. I have done this once in 2004, also with my aunt (5.00 AM) and I remembered it was quite fun to go hiking in the morning and so we were planning to go hiking the next morning at 7.00 AM together with my aunt. However, after two failed attempts to wake up Dane at 6.45 AM I decided it was better to let him rest. So I went alone with my two aunts. It was really a pity that Dane couldn't go together, because the view on the mountain was really rewarding. We walked a total of 10 km and finished this distance in approximately 3 hours. We did rest during the 3 hours and it was a good exercise.


Problem-Based-Learning session and dimsum of course lah!
On monday we had another PBL session and the subject was about erosion and also diet. After the PBL session we went to dimsum with the students of the PBL group (bachelor 2 students). It was really fun and they ordered a lot as you can see in the picture below. Luckily we did finish almost everything we ordered.


National day of the Republic of China
The next day it was a national holiday and so we didn't have to go to the university. And since I have many relatives in Hong Kong, it is to be expected that I would spend my time on a free day with them. We went to dimsum again with my cousins, aunts and their babies. After the dimsum we went to go shopping and in the evening we went to a vietnamese restaurant. In Hong Kong all we do is sleep eat, study, eat, eat, eat and go back to sleep. One would assume we would gain some weights...on the contrary I lost 2 kg and I think it's because of the excessive sweating each day because the temperature here is still 30 degrees Celsius o_O!



Professor Matinlinna's 5 year anniversary in Hong Kong
Wednesday october the 2nd is a very special day. Not only is it the birthday of my aunt, but it is also the 5 year anniversary of Professor Matinlinna in Hong Kong. So Kylie, Jeffrey, Dane and I decided this should be celebrated...and of course what would be better than alcohol for celebrations. Sadly, Kylie and Jeffrey couldn't be present when we gave the red wine to the professor.  


Ok lah! as the professor and HK people would say, I should get back to work! I am almost finished reading and highlighting all the 25 articles I am planning to use it for my introduction and discussion of my thesis. After that I can begin with the introduction. Also I think I'm addicted to the lai cha's (milk tea) in Hong Kong as I drink it very often :P

Chu Kan

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten