dinsdag 15 oktober 2013

Not so lazy blogger post 1.0 :P

 Addicted to running and hiking
 So I found myself addicted to running and hiking I guess. I really like the weather now for the running and each time I run (2-3 x a week), I run for 1 hour. Last time I went hiking with my aunt and some friends we went from So Kwun Wat village to Yuen Long (+/-16km) in about 2 hours. I think I'm appreciating So Kwun Wat for the hiking. There are plans for this coming sunday to go hiking for 5 hours and I will end up near the airport if I will join them...


Quality time with my family
Enjoying the time with my aunt :D




Chung Yeung/ Double ninth festival

 So according to wikipedia, the Double Ninth Festival takes place on the ninth day of the ninth month in the Chinese calendar, is a traditional Chinese holiday. On this holiday most of the Chinese visits the graves of their ancestors to pay their respects and to lay out food offerings such as roast suckling pig and fruit, which are then eaten "after the spirits have consumed the spiritual element of the food" if you believe in this kind of stuff. I do. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Ninth_Festival). 




The Chung Yeun festival was last sunday, however I went to visit my grandmother and grandfather's grave last wednesday. Because I went to visit my ancestors, I couldn't attend the amalgam practical sessions which was a pity. 
On sunday the day of Chung Yeun I visited the graves of the ancestors of my uncle. In the evening we had a Hong Kong style BBQ :P.

Entertainment, my hobby
Friends who know me, also knows I like miniatures, wargame models and gundam models. And in HK, for those who like those models, its like a heaven. For this reason, I have bought some gundams models which has to be assembled. So I finished the Unicorn gundam High grade 1/144 and I think this is a really nice detailed model kit for the high grade and the scale 1/144. 


Practical session: pride and prejudice


So on tuesday october the 14th we attended a practical session Like Dane said these alginate are overexpired and are considered antique.

James doing a tutorial in front of the bachelor year 3 students how to do the tests and mix alginate.


The alginate really looked like some sausages. The setting reaction of the alginate didn't occur. But it was fun to play/use 30 years old alginate. So the lesson we learned today is never use expired alginate or other dental stuffs since it will affect the outcome of your product and also that the ratio for mixing is very important. It was a good day. I'm looking forward to the next weeks practical session on october 23th. It will be about acrylics and some testing.



So after the practical session Dane and I had to cure our stomach with some delicious food. We went to a typical local "restaurant" where everyone had dirty clothes ( they seemed to be some kind of construction workers). So we were really outstanding there with our clean clothes :P... Also the temperature in HK is dam too high, it was 28 degrees today. However, despite the temperature, we saw some schoolkids were still having PE class and we were like WOW respect dude! Life is always a struggle.

So coming thursday we will be acting as tourist since we will be visiting our friend the Tian Tan Big Buddha in Lantau Island together with the awesome evil twin, Jeffrey, Evelien and me of course lah.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten